Here are the books I read in the month of March, listed below:
1. Becoming Rain by K.A. Tucker – 5 stars (read my review here)
2. Fairy Tale Reform School: Flunked by Jen Calonita – 5 stars (read my review here)
3. The Cake House by Latifah Salom – 3 stars
4. Seed by Lisa Heathfield – 4 stars (read my review here)
5. Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee- 4 stars (read my review here)
6. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – 5 stars
7. The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie- 4 stars (read my review here)
8. The Wizard Returns by Danielle Paige- 5 stars
9. Pretty Ugly by Kirker Butler – 4 stars (read my review here)
10. At the Water’s Edge by Sara Gruen – 4 stars (read my review here)
11. Sisters of Blood and Spirit by Kady Cross – 4 stars (Read my review here)
There were lots of good ones this month! April is looking to be a big month for releases, so it should be fun too!
These are the books that I read (and finished) in January. I am working on 2 more right now that I will finish in the next day or so.
1. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
2. When by Victoria Laurie
3. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
4. Burn for Burn by Siobhan Vivian & Jenny Han
5. Since You’ve Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne
6. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
7. Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell
8. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
I usually only write reviews of the ARC books that I read, so I will give a little feedback here for the others. If you have read my posts, you probably already know that All the Bright Places is my absolute favorite of this month, looking good as a possibility for favorite of the year (yes, I’m saying that in January!). I can’t wait for the hype to catch on among my students! I also really enjoyed Dirty Rush as a kind of “trashy” read, though it wasn’t really trashy, just fun! I will not be buying for my library though as it is pretty much solely about drinking and doing drugs. 🙂 I just read this morning that I’ll Give You the Sun won a Printz award, and it is definitely well-deserved, hoping to get my students into this one as well. The others were all pretty satisfying reads and I will recommend them since there wasn’t one that I really disliked. I can see When being one that a lot of my girls would enjoy.
Currently reading: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (releases tomorrow 2/3) and Take My Breath Away by Wendy Wilson (won’t be releasing for quite some time, I am serving as a beta reader for this local author).